Meet Luna (formerly known as Rebel), a precocious Doberman/Hound mix available for adoption at the Shelbyville/Shelby County Animal Shelter! Rebel was relinquished in 2021 due to her timid nature around men and was then adopted out again and renamed Luna. Unfortunately, Luna was brought back to the shelter just before the end of the year because of her separation anxiety and having an owner that just couldn’t be home as much as this sweet girl needed. Luna will answer to either Luna or Rebel (she’s extremely smart and would probably do well with some training!) and while she loves to play, she’s not interested in taking walks. She’s housebroken during the day, but has difficulty at night and HATES to be crated. Luna is good with children, but is very energetic and would do best around older children that she can’t knock down in her excitement. She has always been the only pet, but would potentially do well with a doggie playmate (and it might help with her separation anxiety), but NO CATS and a meet-and-greet would be a must before being adopted out to a home with another dog. Anyone interested in Luna, feel free to stop by the shelter any weekday between the hours of 10:30 AM and 4:30 PM and please check the link above for adoption requirements. Once your application has been approved, you get to take Luna home that day! Any additional questions, please email Chris Browder at email@example.com or call at (317) 392-5127.
Luna/Rebel is …
– very smart and would probably benefit from some sort of obedience training.
– not a fan of being alone and suffers from separation anxiety, so she needs a home where there is someone home most of the time.
– best in a home without cats and small children, but could do well with another dog as long as a meet-and-greet would go well before adoption.
– housebroken during the day, but has difficulty at night and doesn’t like to be crated.
– up-to-date on all vaccinations and wormed.
– FREE to her loving, forever home!