Meet Lucy, a sweet and shy Labrador/Pit Bull mix available for adoption at the Shelbyville/Shelby County Animal Shelter! Lucy showed up as a stray at a nice family’s farm and they took her in with their three other dogs, mostly being an outside girl in the barn except in very cold weather. She was surrendered to the shelter because she didn’t get along well with the family kitties, but her former family said she’s an absolute sweetheart. She can be a bit skittish and shy with new people, but if you take the time to get to know her and let her trust you, you’ll have a best friend for life! Don’t you want to love Lucy and take her home to be a part of your family show? Anyone interested in Lucy, please check the link above for hours of operation and adoption requirements (meet and greets are a must, especially if you have other dogs in the home!). Once your application has been approved, you get to take Lucy home that day! Any additional questions, please email Chris Browder at email@example.com or call at (317) 392-5127.
Lucy is …
– probably fairly young (she has young teeth), but because she was found as a stray her age and prior history is unknown.
– a bit shy and lacks confidence around new people, but her tail (which is normally tucked) wags when people are kind to her.
– wonderful with children and other dogs, but definitely needs a home without cats.
– up-to-date on her vaccinations, wormed and heartworm negative.
– FREE to a loving, forever home!
*UPDATE: Lucy was adopted a few months ago, but was unfortunately surrendered recently by her owner for unknown reasons. She is still good with other dogs, but due to her shyness and insecurity she may do best as the only pet in the home so that she gets all your attention! She warms up faster to women, but whoever is the lucky person to adopt her will need to help Lucy boost her self-confidence … she doesn’t totally believe in her awesomeness!*